Miracles : Kidnapped Boy Sings Gospel Song Until His Abductor Releases Him..



Source: WSBTV



For all the believers out there, here’s something to get your day off to a good start. On March 31, at around 8:30 pm, 9 year old Willie Myrick, of Atlanta, Georgia, went outside to take care of his pet chihuahua, when he noticed a couple of dollars lying in his front yard.


Willie told Georgia ABC affiliate, WSBTV, “I was walking over here by the tree. I picked up the money and the man got out of his car and threw me in his car.”





Willie told a Georgia ABC affiliate that the man “was cursing at me telling me to shut up and didn’t want to hear a word from me. He said if I told anyone, he would hurt me, like in a bad way.”





And though we can assume that at least a part of Willie was scared, he refused to follow his kidnapper’s orders. Instead of remaining silent as he was instructed, Willie began singing Hezekiah Walker’s song “Every Praise.”





If you’re not familiar with the song, it starts “Every praise is to our God…Every word of worship with one accord.” And then “God my savior, God my healer, God my deliverer, yes He is.”






The lyrics couldn’t have been more appropriate for Willie’s story.





The fourth grader sang the song until the man, who had been driving around for nearly three hours, finally threw him out onto the street, told him not to tell anyone and drove away.





Willie knocked on several doors in East Point, asking for help. One person even turned him away before an elderly man let him call the police and his godmother. Willie was not harmed and his godmother took him to the hospital where he was examined.





Hezekiah Walker, the author and performer of the song, who also preaches at the Love Fellowship Tabernacle in New York, was so touched by Willie’s story, he made a trip to Georgia to see Myrick. Walker told the same ABC affiliate that he believes God spoke through him to save Willie’s life.





“It’s just emotional to me because you never know who you’re going to touch. I just wanted to hug him and tell him I love him.” Walker said.





The man who kidnapped Myrick, who has yet to be captured, has a $10,000 reward on his head. He’s described as a light skinned man in his mid to late twenties with dreadlocks. He was driving a gray four-door Honda Civic with no interior carpeting and an exposed metal floor. There’s a sketch of the kidnapper over at New York Daily News.





When Walker flew in, he met with Myrick, his friends, family and the whole congregation at the Mount Carmel Baptist Church for Myrick’s tenth birthday. They all sang the song together as tears rolled down Willie’s cheeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment